Resin Bound Gravel Driveway
Summit Landscapes laid this beautiful 106m² resin bound gravel driveway at a client’s property in Ely. Their existing concrete driveway had become dangerously worn-out in several places after 20 years of pulling in and tyre-turning had taken its toll.
After a consultation with Summit Landscapes’ driveway surveyor, the client decided on a warm, inviting shade of resin bound gravel that perfectly complemented their property and the surrounding views.
Resin Bound Gravel offers the appearance of gravel, with the added benefits of being rock solid (with a 10-year guarantee), having absolutely no loose stones to continually sweep up or remove from your house and car, and being completely porous – meaning water drains straight through it, leaving no water on standing on the surface, eliminating any slip hazards.
106m² Resin Bound Gravel
– Existing concrete surface was be planed as appropriate to alter levels for water runoff
– Fully removed any algae or fungus that was present
– Repaired and/or treated any damaged areas and cracks prior to the application of the resin
– Contaminates such as oil or traffic film were removed with a suitable de-greaser
– The resin was mixed precisely with an activator
– A forced action mixer was used to combine the resin and gravel
– The resin bound gravel mixture was then spread and regulated over the area using aluminium copings and spread by trowel to a uniform thickness of 18-20mm where vehicles were used and 12mm for pedestrian use